Monday, August 10, 2009

A short visit to South Carolina

My mom is turned 60 this year, so we decided it would be nice to surprise her for her birthday. Emily and her kids came, too. It would have been great if we could have all been there, but Adam is stationed in the United Arab Emirates, and Sara is on her mission in Italy, so they obviously couldn't make it this time!

The traditional picture of Kaylee & Brian - they are the same age, but the height difference gets more dramatic each year!
We went to an auction with Nate and watched him buy quite a few bunnies. I think this one will be a keeper. Fun memories!
Nate's chicken coop - there are 19 hens here that he raised up from chicks. Several of them are going home with us - hopefully to provide us with lots of great eggs!
This is a seriously dangerous swing that my dad put up. Really fun, but just not smart! The platform is 24 feet off the ground. I let the boys do it a couple of times each and then decided we better stay away. Better safe than sorry! This is Dustin taking the plunge.

Our trip to the park
Kaylee & Kate playing dress-up
Mom's party
Too much excitement...

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Yeah, that swing is way higher than the one when I was a teenager! I guess I'm not that great a visioning the height thing.