Sunday, August 9, 2009

Outside Adventures

We have been spending a decent amount of time outside since we moved. The kids aren't avid fishermen, but they have tried a couple times in the pond out front.
These are some critters that we found after Dad cut down a tree for us. We THINK they are squirrels. The kids fed them a little milk and wanted to keep them, but we decided to put them back out in the yard so their mom could find them. It was a little creepy.
With all the trees that have come down, there have been a few days of brush burning. One day the kids decided to take advantage of the huge pile of coals and roast some marshmallows. This nasty swing (left by the previous residents) was apparently an inviting retreat for the kids. Unfortunately, all I had on hand were mini-marshmallows!
This is a tree in our front yard. The boys ride the lawnmower out there and use it to boost themselves up (I think they just want to drive something). Their climbing makes me quite nervous, but they have taken up residence in the upper branches. In the second picture, you can see Derek standing in the top of the tree.
I guess I haven't been taking pictures of our main activity, swimming in the pool, but you can find a few pictures of us enjoying the water at home and at the beach (along with random documentation of my first gray hair) on my sister Emily's blog.

1 comment:

Emily said...

That's a really tall tree! You do good to stay calm and let them climb - not sure I could handle it. Weird squirrel animals... who knows what you will find next!