Monday, August 10, 2009

She finally did it!!

When Kaylee turned 8, we told her she could get her ears pierced. She had begged and pleaded for quite a while, but got scared when we went to the mall and saw a baby getting her ears pierced. Finally, after about 5 months of contemplation, she decided she was ready.
This is her when we arrived.Pondering which pair of earrings to use....
Getting prepped and feeling very determined.
Kaylee told me ahead of time that she would feel more comfortable if she sat on my lap for the actual piercing.
They decided to do both ears at once since there were two people working. I love how Kaylee pinched her eyes shut so tight. She was mentally prepared this time and very brave!
All done!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

I can't believe she followed through with it! Taylor is quite impressed!

Anonymous said...

Pretty, pretty! Kaylea, guess how old I was. 20. And, I had to hold my friend's hand, because I was so scared. You are a brave soul!

Emily said...

That 'determined' picture is classic! That's so great that they could pierce them at the same time, get it over with! They look great!