Sunday, September 26, 2010

Roger's birthday 'party'

Roger turned 38 this year. Unfortunately, there wasn't much fanfare. We took the kids to the zoo in the morning and then he spent the afternoon transporting scouts home from their campout. The evening got even better as I ditched him to attend the General Relief Society broadcast. The only bright spot was that he was able to eat a slice of his birthday pie (homemade Coconut Cream) before he started his fast (our Stake moved Fast Sunday to that weekend because of General Conference - just his luck!). Since we were never all home at the same time on his birthday, we had a little party for him on Sunday. Emily, Caitlyn, and Andrew happened to be over for a visit, too. Apparently they really like him since they remember making an appearance last year, as well! The partially eaten pie and partially burned candle seem so pathetic!
The kids were acting crazy and the noise level was high, so Roger made a show of raising his hand to get a chance to speak.
Wow - what a haul. As usual, no complaints from Roger, though!
I told Roger to look happy for a picture, so he obliged us with this scary version of happy.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Love Roger's expressions! I'm sure he loves having them posted :) So glad we could make it for the party. I don't think Roger has visited ME for MY birthday...ever. Wow - I hope I don't let that thought depress me!

Jodi said...

I second Emily's thoughts. Rogers expression is priceless!

Crystal said...

I want some of that pie.

What are the blue things that he got?

Latisha said...

Aqua globes :)