Sunday, September 12, 2010

Flag Raising


In honor of the anniversary of Sept.11, Southport Elementary did a family breakfast, flag raising, and patriotic program. First, we had breakfast and visited with the school mascot.
After breakfast, the kids showed me their normal routine of walking laps before school (as opposed to sitting in the hallway). I never realized how hot it was out there at 8:00 in the morning!
Once school started, the kids all gathered in the courtyard for the flag raising and program. Kaylee sang in the choir. It was very nice, but I was super glad I was in the shade. I was really feeling for the kids on the bleachers. The sun was so hot!
Brandon was in the shade, too, but you'd never know it. That kid really sweats!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

What a great idea! I wish our school would do something special like that to remember September 11th.

Jennifer said...

Wow...how did they have time to put that together already! I haven't started Chorus yet. :P My excuse is I have a 4 month old. Oh well.

Looks awesome though! :)