Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tragedy for the school

My thoughts have been occupied much of the day by the news that a teacher from the children's Elementary School was killed by her husband yesterday morning in a murder-suicide. I knew the teacher briefly because she took a few days off to volunteer at the middle school last year. Her daughter is in 7th grade classes with Derek. Another daughter is Kaylee's age. My heart goes out to those poor girls (who were home at the time of the shooting). It has really made me think about the uncertain nature of life and how thankful I am for my blessings.

4 comments:

The Katy Daileys said...

How horrible! Life can change so fast! Glad you guys are alright now that the storm is gone. We have to watch those storms, too, down here in Houston!

Anonymous said...

I have been wondering for years at what point a woman senses her husband is violent and how we can prepare our daughters to walk away as early as possible from men like that. Then there is the often overlooked "violent women".

It's easy to say if he smokes cigarettes you can't fix him, or if he drinks alcohol you can't fix him. WE even tell them, if he/she is not of the covenant you should not date them, not because they are bad, but because you cannot change them.

Oh well. It is too bad that those chidren do not have a mom and dad.

SD

Kristi said...

Man...this is awful! It's hard to even imagine this! Sure makes me grateful that I am married to the man that I am.

Debra said...

Oh my goodness. How scary that is. Those poor little kids.