Thursday, August 28, 2008

Boy Scout Court of Honor

Last night we attended our first Stake Boy Scout Court of Honor for Derek. I suppose that after we get through scouting with all 3 boys, we'll be really tired of them! We were proud of Derek for earning several Merit Badges and his First Class Rank. I can't believe that he's almost as tall as me now!
Of course, he is still small compared to all of the other young men in our ward. Here's a group picture of the scouts in our troop. On Sunday when Derek passes the Sacrament, it's almost comical to watch him stand between the tall older boys.

3 comments:

Debra said...

The plasma thing... OUCH! You had me when you said money, and then I saw the scar. Ummm. No thanks! How much money do you earn though? I could sned Michael! LOL

WTG Derek! It was great to see the YM in the ward. They have all grown up!

Jennifer said...

Derek is getting so tall...I'd swear he was standing on something. ;) He did so good playing the piano on Sunday. It made me feel bad about my lack of piano skills.

Latisha said...

OK - Derek just confessed to me that he was on his tiptoes for the picture. Whew! I have a little more time!