Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Lizard Land

It may look like a normal backyard, but this, my friends, is actually Lizard Land. When I first moved to Florida, I was a little shocked by the volume of lizards here. They really freaked me out - especially if they got in the house - ick!! Over time, however, I have become quite accustomed to seeing them, and I really don't think much about it anymore. For some reason as I was mowing the lawn this morning and watching them scurry EVERYWHERE, it really grossed me out. Why do there need to be so many lizards??
I took all of these pictures in about 1 minute. I didn't have to go searching, oh no. Now if only we could get our snake to eat lizards, we'd have a lifetime supply of food for him!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

I know what you mean! Our cats have about taken out the screens trying to catch the lizards that hang out on them. There seems to be a lot of them this summer.

Melanie said...

I can't believe it either! At least twice a week our cat brings one into the house to play with and chase! I hate it! I usually scream for one of the kids to come grab it before it runs under the washer or a pile of laundry!

p.s. melissa told me about the discount cards you're selling and I want one if you still have any :)

Erin said...

I know about your "love" for lizards. Here in the desert we see our share of lizards. Our dog LOVES to catch them and summer is the best hunting time. So I am down right sick of them. YEAH for fall!

Anonymous said...

I would invent ways to Lizzard proff my yard. Poison would be my best friend

SD Pals

Debra said...

That is the one thing in FL I WILL NEVER MISS. EVER. YUCK!!!!