Thursday, September 11, 2008

Heart and Soul

I start teaching my children to play the piano when they are fairly young. Some have caught on quicker than others, but they are all making good progress. During their learning over the past 7 years, I have intentionally avoided teaching anyone the song, "Heart and Soul." It's fun to play and all, but it gets old when people repeat it, which they inevitably do. Sunday we had the missionaries over for dinner and you guessed it, one of them had the nerve to play "Heart and Soul." Derek and Dustin were hooked and I haven't heard much of anything else since. They practice relentlessly and beg me to teach them variations. I'm glad they're having fun, but I can't express adequately how sick I am getting of that song!!!

8 comments:

Tracy said...

Haha.

Great. Now it's stuck in my head.

Unknown said...

that is too funny.

Mitchel just started lessons. we'll see how it goes.

Anonymous said...

Latisha,

Glad you found my site. I'm ignrant, what is heart and soul?

Nikki

Latisha said...

It's an annoying song that everyone seems to love playing on the piano. I even like it on occasion, but not for long :). You'll have to see if you can hear it on youtube or something.

Anonymous said...

that is too funny and yes we did that too. now it's "Called To Serve".yesterday Allyssa-Rae used up my last nerve on that hymn and I told her if she played it ever again in the house I would disinherit her.Poor thing does not know we can't afford inheritances.

Sarie said...

I HATE that song too. I'm with you all the way. Darn missionaries :)

Kristi said...

Oh boy...good luck with that one! I have hidden that song from my 8 year old too. I can't tell you how many 100's of times me and my sisters played that song growing up. I bet my mom was about ready to go all crazy over it!

Natalie said...

How old were your kids when you started teaching them? I've wondered about teaching mine but I'm afraid they won't listen to me. Do you have any suggestions/ideas? I would love to hear what you have to say! Thanks!