Thursday, April 16, 2009

"La La Land" - by Brandon

As I was working on the computer, I heard the melodious sounds of Brandon singing from the bathroom. He doesn't often compose and perform, so this was a chance for some rare eavesdropping comedy. I started scribbling notes so I could remember some of his phrases. You have to imagine the melody - there was a nice steady beat and a rap-like quality on occasion. Also, a lot of the phrases were drawn out dramatically and several were repeated more times than I wrote them.

" I live in la la land, la la land, la la land. It's a nice place to live. It has lots of food in the stores and toys in the houses. It's a fun place, a fun place, a fun place to be. It's fun to live with little kids and play with toys. It's a great day, a great day. It doesn't matter, it doesn't matter, all day or night, how many toys you get. The store doesn't matter how many pieces of candy or toys you get. And that's the end, the end, the end."

I wasn't sure if he was aware that anyone could hear him, but a few minutes later I heard, "Mom, was that good singing? 'Cause I was trying to keep up with the words and that was a long song. I'm gonna try to remember it and when someone asks me to sing a song, I'm gonna sing that song - without even any song paper! Whew - I have to take a little breath. Actually, I have to take a lot of breath! 'Cause that's a long song!"

I'm thinking la la land isn't such a bad place to be.

4 comments:

Emily said...

It's such an appropriate song for Brandon to sing. Now you know where he's been when he appears to not be listening. Great job capturing the memory, Tish!

Crystal said...

Lol...I FINALLY got around to reading this. I love the addendum to the song in the van when I was visiting. :)

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

Great job writting all that down while Brandon sang. Cute song!

Mary Bennett said...

So when looking at this from a psychologist point of view, does this mean that he is one happy boy? Very funny!!! Thanks for sharing!!