Sunday, November 9, 2008

Halloween pictures - a little late!!

This year we decided to carve only one family pumpkin rather than one for each child. To help ease the transition, the kids decorated their own construction paper jack-o-lanterns while they took turns helping with the carving.
The costumes for this year: Derek was a vampire, Dustin was Draco (complete with a Slytherin snake), Brandon was Obi Wan Kenobi, and Kaylee was a cowgirl. This was taken just before the trunk-or-treat at church.
For Halloween night, Dustin decided to be Mad-Eye Moody.
This is a water bottle that Brandon transformed into a bat one afternoon. Kaylee's class had done a similar project, turning theirs into pumpkins with orange colored water, and he wanted to have "a cool water bottle" too. I was pretty impressed with what he was able to do all on his own!
Emily and Dan were here for Halloween night and went trick-or-treating with us. This is Caitlyn as a ladybug.
Here is cousin Jeffrey as a very cute dog. We all had a nice and relaxed Halloween!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute pumpkin. You guys are so good to create such wonderful memories with the kids.

Sometimes I wish we were better at doing that.

Anonymous said...

I still hide away for Halloween, except for that one year that I gave candy. I wonder if I would have taken to Halloween if I was American? It gives me the heebeegeebees! This year the temperature was in the 6o's here in the Dakotas. Your family looks quite lovely in their costumes

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

Looks like you had lots of fun on Halloween!

Kristi said...

We don't carve pumpkins anymore. It has been a few years. The pumpkin guts drive me nuts! I am so mean, that I don't carve any pumpkins. I let them eat lots of candy though, so it all evens out. :)

Heather said...

OHHHH they all look so good! THat is the cutest pumpkin i ever did saw! It really is cute!