Monday, January 3, 2011

SC Trip for New Year's

Somehow I managed to delete my pictures from Christmas Day, so for the first time in a long time I have no documentation of our presents. The main thing we got was a wii, which has been a lot of fun. On the day after Christmas, we headed up to SC (a little sooner than we planned because we were hoping to have a little fun in the snow before it all melted).
Nate's 35th birthday. I'm sure he loves having us at his party every year!
Kaylee helping Nate take care of the rabbits and goats.
The traditional Brian & Kaylee picture. The gap is growing!!
The boys brought Justin a little present. He is clearly overjoyed.
Kaylee & Kate
Mom & Dad with the measly gifts we brought them. Something about this picture reminds me of the 'American Gothic' painting of the farmer and his wife.
Our gifts from mom & dad
Sara the super nanny - chillin' in SC
Always somebody on a computer....
Boys playing video games
Brian, Brandon & Jeffrey
Crystal & Jonathan
Kate & Kaylee feeling fancy after Crystal did their hair.
I spent some time looking through old keepsakes while I was home this time. Along with the trophies, awards, and camp memorabilia, there were also some lovely treasures I just had to document.
A homemade camp graduation hat and my fancy prescription sunglasses.
McDomer hat from an Odyssey of the Mind performance in middle school (reading old notes from friends and boyfriends)
The Bilo vest and nametag that I donned for many years.
One of many menus that I had typed up individually
- probably when I was in Elementary School.
Wow - those are some big glasses. Not sure when I wore them!
Roger also had a couple of boxes to go through.
This is him wearing his favorite mission coat - Ozzie
After 1 year with facial hair, Roger's gift to me for Christmas was no more itchy kisses. He had to have a little fun with the shaving process, though. He did it gradually over several days.
We spent a day at the park and I was able to meet up with my friend Holly and her family.
The kids and dads had fun playing in the big field
Mom and all four sisters
New Year's Eve festivities
Despite the facial expressions, there really was no alcohol present.
A little more fun with cousins before we headed back to Florida.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

The random pictures of Kaylee inside of things reminds me just how petite she is! Isn't going home so much fun?

Emily said...

Nice job, Tish. You've been a blogging maniac!