Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Chickens

Our makeshift chicken coop (made from existing structures and wood we found behind our house). The mildew look gives it an earthy feel - don't you think? We have 6 chickens.
Eggs - we are getting 2 or 3 a day now - hopefully all of the chickens will be laying soon!
I've decided it's hard to get a good picture of a chicken. They tend to think you are going to give them something, so they won't stay far enough away for you to get a good picture. Then, when they decide that you don't have anything for them, they go back to pecking the ground for bugs. After several exasperating attempts, these will have to do!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

What are their names??

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

Love all the animals you guys get to play with. I bet the kids love exploring. Devin did that "all about me" poster at church also. It's a great idea.

The Katy Daileys said...

My hubbie wants chickens. It will be fun to see how it goes over the years. We are jealous! I am going private (again)! E-mail me so I can add you to the list! Thanks! leah@daileyweb.com

Kristi said...

Trent talks often of getting some chickens. I am TOTALLY opposed to any sort of animal...what..so..ever. I am not a lover of animals..too much work involved. I like fresh eggs though. :)