Sunday, February 1, 2009

False Alarm

Derek's bus comes at 6:34 am - sometimes a few minutes earlier. I wake up at around 5:40 usually, and make sure that Derek is up and moving. This morning, I heard the shower running and looked at the clock. It was 6:30 - why didn't Roger tell me that my alarm didn't go off before he got in the shower?! I hurried to the boys' room, knowing there was no way we could catch the bus, but maybe I could still get Derek to school on time. Besides, it was past time for everyone else to be up. We usually do scripture study at 6:00. I noticed that Derek's alarm hadn't been set either. Wow, we were both slacking off. I flipped on the light and frantically announced, "Everybody up!! It's 6:30!" Brandon had relocated to Dustin's bed during the night, so all 3 boys slowly sat up, responding to my panic. Derek said, "Huh??" and I repeated myself with a very exasperated voice, "It's 6:30 - get UP!! The bus is probably here right now!!" Derek then said, "Mom, it's Sunday." There was a long pause while I digested this information and realized he was right. I said, "Oh, sorry - go back to sleep." Feeling very foolish and embarrassed, I slowly left. On the way out, I heard Brandon say, "She is uh-razy." ('crazy' in Brandon speak)

11 comments:

Crystal said...

Hahahahahahahaha....still laughing. I think my favorite part is Brandon's parting statement. This is so much better than the April Fools joke from last year. :)

Jodi said...

I love it! I wish I could say it sounds like something I'd do, but wait a minute...that is our every day!

Jennifer said...

Haha! No wonder you were so tired today!

Emily said...

Very funny! I got a good chuckle... Glad you worked out your new background - very cute.

Ash said...

I did that yesterday at 6:30 because I thought Austin missed seminary. It is pretty funny though!!!

Unknown said...

that is classic! i am laughing out loud :) i can so see myself doing something like that!!

love keeping up with you through your blog!! does brookings ever seem like eternities ago??

love your new background!

Kimberly said...

That is hilarious! I love it!

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

That is SO FUNNY! Sometimes I have to remember what day is today.

Sarie said...

That's hilarious. Great stuff.

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

Are you moving? When, where?

Kristi said...

Oh my word! That is seriously so funny!! I have done this one before. Welcome to the "uh-razy" world.